At Dermed Clinic, Dr Muniandi Velayuthan is dedicated to assisting patients of the Danga Bay, Johor Bahru, Johor area, with their dermatological needs, both medical and cosmetic. One concern he often sees from patients in his office is hypertrophic and keloid scars. These imperfections can develop on the skin and cause patients to feel self-conscious about their presence and appearance. With a single phone call and an initial evaluation and consultation, our team may be able to provide hypertrophic and keloid scar treatment.
What are hypertrophic and keloid scars?
Hypertrophic and keloid scars occur when a wound does not heal properly, producing more collagen than the skin needs to repair. As a result, you get a raised lump in place of a scar. Hypertrophic scars do not grow larger and may flatten over time, while keloids grow beyond the wound margin and continue to grow even after the wound has healed.
What are the common causes of hypertrophic and keloid scars?
- Genetic predisposition
- Skin injuries like cysts, burns, and chicken pox scars
- Piercings, injections, and surgical incisions
What keloid and hypertrophic scar treatment methods do we offer?
- Vbeam Laser. The Vbeam pulsed dye laser system is designed to treat the redness of the skin. The laser targets abnormal blood vessels in the skin and reduces scar appearance
- Injection. The injection consists of a specialized substance injected directly into the site to flatten scars and reduce the appearance of keloids.
- Fractional CO2 Laser. The fractional CO2 laser uses a specialized laser to puncture fractions on the skin while leaving the surrounding areas intact. The process resurfaces the skin, removing the excess collagen buildup on the surface.
Get rid of unattractive scars through the best aesthetic and skin clinic (Dermatology) Johor Bahru has!
If you are troubled by keloid and hypertrophic scars and are looking for scar removal services, we invite you to call our office to request an appointment with our experienced doctor. Call us at +601133220069 or +60166999097 to schedule a visit at our Danga Bay, Johor Bahru, Johor area practice. We are open to both new patients and welcome you to request a consultation with our experienced team to determine if you are a proper candidate for the hypertrophic and keloid scar treatment.